Gaming Terrain : Field Stone Wall Sections


I'm getting around to populating my tabletop with some terrain I've had on a back burner for a while.

Soon I'm hoping that there will be no more "counts as" props for landmarks on the battlefield.

I actually made these wall sections a months ago, but I've only just got around to painting and flocking them.

The wall sections are each 6" inches long, in Warhammer you roll for D3 6" obstacles on terrain set-up.




These wall sections are pretty versatile for table set-up. Whether it is for wargaming or roleplay. They can be random obstacles and line-of-sight blockers, or placed to make larger terrain like gardens and pastures alongside any buildings and other terrain is placed on the board.




Here's a scale shot of them, I just grabbed a nearby miniature to illustrate it. As you can see, the walls come to slightly higher than waist height on a 28mm miniature, but the process of making them could be modified for different scales very easily.





Since I made these before I started the blog there weren't any work in progress shots of their construction, but I'm planning on rectifying that.

I want many more obstacles of different types, so I will take pictures as I go and post them as future tutorials, so watch this space.


Take care everyone,
Jonah

Comments

Instagram Slideshow

Popular Posts