Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Terrain: Necromunda Bulkhead Shipping Containers - part 02

Hi everybody, this is just a quick update. I managed to knock out another two containers today between other things I had going on so I'm up to six now. I also found something in my bitz-box to use as handles on the "doors", I think they were from the old Rhino kit but I'm not 100% sure.



I'm not going to mess about making hinges and things, I'd like to imagine that they have internal hinges or something along those lines. Plus I'm being a bit lazy and I'm trying to keep them robust enough for constant handling on the tabletop.

I should be painting these up within the next couple of days. I'm thinking about trying out salt weathering on them, it's something I've wanted to have a go at for a while and these large flat(ish) surfaces should be good to practice on.

I'll be back as soon as I make some headway.

Take care.

Monday, 25 May 2015

Terrain: Necromunda Bulkhead Shipping Containers - part 01

Hi everybody, I know, I know... I've been a bit lax with hobby updates recently , but random life events and injuries got in the way of some quality hobby time.

The Deadzone Plague miniatures I mentioned a couple of posts back are still in progress. I've just been finding it hard to motivate myself to actually sit and get on with any painting.

I decided to get on with something quick and easy to break me out of my hobby-block. And I've been needing to get on with some terrain for my collection anyway... So, two birds, one stone and all that.

I went to a local model railway store and picked up some supplies and this is what I've been up to today:





I've been wanting to make some shipping containers for quite some time, so I got some supplies together and made a start on them. I wanted them to still fit in with other 40k terrain I'll be making and the Necromunda bulkheads seemed just the thing to keep them in theme.

I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out so far. I like the scale and they are quite durable, being constructed entirely in plastic and fixed together with poly-cement. They'll be able to be played over easily and block lines of sight effectively. Really looking forward to getting them done and onto the table.

I just need to add some minor details like hinges and door handles and then I can get them painted up.
For anybody interested in how they were constructed, it was not terribly complicated and a very quick and simple rundown follows hence forth.