The trials and tribulations of life, wonky brain chemistry and blog problems.

So... Hi everybody... It's been a while. I just wanted to write a little update for the blog as I'm getting things prepared around here to start updating on the regular again as I said in a relatively recent post.

But first, a little recap of the "interesting times" I've had going on.

  • My back was on the mend since the car accident earlier this year and was looking like it was almost better, until recent events which I'll cover momentarily.
  • Through a good chunk of this year I wasn't able to manage my depression very well (probably hindered by the back pain) through sheer willpower and the power of hobby escapism. And so I bit the bullet and went to seek professional help.
  • So I have been re-diagnosed as suffering from chronic depression (I knew, but was managing quite well on my own) and have been given medication to help stabilise my wacky brain chemistry. I'm not fighting it, I knew I needed a helping hand with things as things were.
  • Literally 2 hours after receiving my diagnosis and new medication, I received a phone call from my letting agents informing me that my family and I were being handed our notice of eviction from our landlord because he wanted to sell the property. And so we had 2 months to find somewhere new to live, with very little notice and no financials in place to fund a house move and pay new bond/securitys and rent etc.
  • A few days after this, when I felt like my world was literally crashing down around my ears. Our previous landlord of around 8 years ago contacted us to say he had just had a property become available and would we be interested because he wanted tenants he knew he could trust to take the place on after having trouble from several tenants in other properties. He wanted us back and didn't want any bond or security deposit if we would come back to him. I would be lying if I said I didn't cry tears of relief at his point.
  • Through the help of some very good friends I was able to get enough money to hire a van and have help moving things. I did have to pack and move a ton of furniture almost single handed for a quite a bit of the house move though and hence I've hurt my back once again.
  • You can see a picture of my new hobby room in the Instagram widget in the sidebar and how it looked with all my hobby materials and books moved in. I'm in the process of organising my hobby space now that I finally have my desk set up and my PC running again.
So... Yeah... It's been quite bloody chaotic for me for the last couple of months... And it didn't stop there. Now that I've got my PC and an internet connection I thought it would be a good time to get my blog prepped and cleaned up for me to start updating you all with new hobby content.

But for some reason I had some sort of glitch affecting my blog. Posts and pages wouldn't load and the URL just kept cycling and redirecting trying to load them up. After some time trying to find how to fix this with small edits/updates, I found the only solution was to repost all them. So I must wholeheartedly apologise for spamming all of your blog feeds with a load of old content, but I couldn't figure out what was going on.

And I've also just discovered that I've fallen foul of the "Photobucket image ransom" on a lot of my older posts/pages that has been plaguing many blogs and forums recently. So I'll have to update all of them with my back-up images from my hard drive sometime soon.

The last project I even worked on was my Huntsman for the Aos28 The Eclipse competition hosted by Jake/Bruticus over on Exprofundis.

Which I find kind of interesting and amusing, because now that I'm about set up in my hobby area, the next project I'll be working on is the AoS28 Create a Monster competition hosted over on Exprofundis too!

I've got about a week to build and paint a creature, so you should be seeing work in progress shots very soon if you follow my Instagram and I'll be posting up my completed creature and narrative here on the blog by weeks end if all goes well.

**sigh**

Well that's enough of a rant from me, see you all soon with new actual hobby content!

Take care

Comments

  1. May you live in interesting times! I just found this in passing but I just wanted to say 'well done' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes it is an appropriate phrase for the tumult I went through, thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Well welcome back to the wonderful world of blogging/hobbying .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I didn't really drop out of it of my own volition this time around. But I'm hoping to try and get the hobby engine all revved up and ready to go again.

      I did enjoy dipping into some of my old posts and reading them again while sorting and cleaning the blog, I really miss the Chico challenges. I seemed to be a lot more productive back then lol.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about all of your recent trials and tribulations! Hopefully things will keep looking up - a bit less grim darkness in the personal sphere is always welcome. :)

    Anyway, I'm always stoked to see new work/posts from you. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, hopefully recent events are just what was needed to get my family and I a fresh start now I look at it. And I hope I can provide you with more interesting hobby posts very soon :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Ana, as I was saying to Chico in the comments above I really didn't intend on my hobby/blog posts stagnating again. After making the Huntsman I was really fired up and wanting to do more, just real life events spiralled out of control for a while and had a knock on effect on my hobby time.

      And now... Well maybe I can finally catch up on all the awesome blog posts I've been missing for a while from everyone I follow :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or critiques.

Popular posts from this blog

The Huntsman