AoS - Nurgle Plaguebearers airbrush test figures

Hi everybody, my apologies for the lengthy period of silence.

A big thank you to my followers for sticking around while I was gone.

I'm attempting to write this post on my mobile phone, so I hope it turns out well.

I won't bore you with all the details, but a combination of life (depression) and technical difficulties (Computer died). Left me in no mood to do any hobby or write on the blog for quite some time.

But I am getting back into the swing of things. Trying out some new tools and techniques.

I just wanted to pop on and say hi and post up a quick picture (not sure what the quality is like I'm afraid, due to the pc not playing nicely.) I started painting these Nurgle Plaguebearers on Sunday evening, finished painting them Monday evening.



And a thank you to Wilhelm for inspiration with the bases. I pretty much switched the roles of the orange and sepia from that tutorial link and added a little yellow ink too to get a nice dirty orange which I think complemented the skin of the Daemons nicely. 

I think I've found my hobby footing again and will be posting a bit more regularly if this mobile post actually works out.

Take care.

Comments

  1. Looking great there Jonah ! Glad to see you back too mate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you here again. Those daemons are top notch, I love the colour, not the usual green. I really like what you did here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting the progress reports from you and jess with how we're doing with painting I think we've all really helped motivate each other to get and keep painting lately. Your stuff looks great as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stygian , good to see your stuff again . Those rotters look rather impressive .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color choice, damn nasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my Nurgle Daemons are one of the things I want to get back to and finish very soon. I have an army of them at about 85% completion. Just need to get the last bits of painting and basing done, they've just been languishing in my queue for some time.

      Delete
  6. Asslessman, Suber, Carl and Neil. If you see this pop up I apologise for not responding a year ago... Yikes.

    But thank you all for commenting.

    Not like me not to respond to comments... I don't remember seeing any notifications for these ones though, odd...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are looking great! Any chance you could list the colours used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you very much. If you look on my post "1st plaguebearer unit complete", the last comment on there I gave a link to a video tutorial who was asking the same.

      That video inspired much of my own scheme, but not with the exact colours there, I made a few substitutions.

      The secret is using mostly desaturated grey/green and grey/brown colours.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for taking you time and helping me. Just found the link. This helps a lot. The desaturated colours make the bases really pop. Great work, my favourite Nurgles so far!

      Delete
    3. No worries and thank you. Like I said, I don't really follow that tutorial exactly, but it's a really good tutorial. Gave me ideas I could run with on my own. Hope it helps :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Instagram Slideshow

Popular Posts