Saturday, 27 September 2014

The Club Necromunda Terrain

Hello again folks, wow it's been so long... An hour or two must have past since my last post... How the time flies...

Well I got the Necromunda terrain done for the local club, forgot to take any pictures of it at home. But I did get to snap a few quick images of it down at the club reunited with the rest of the terrain I made.

I didn't have a gang prepared but with some extra miniatures at the club we managed to have a 3 way gang fight, it wasn't a campaign game. Just to blow the dust off. Had a great time:





Here's one of the Van Saar I painted for Steve a while back (linky, linky), getting himself comfy on his new home turf.


That MDF terrain really likes to suck up paints and washes, it took a while to get decent coverage.


I went for an overall aged, rusty look for the terrain. Mainly so it matched some of the scatter terrain I'd made previously for the club.


I think the orange of the rust makes it stand out nicely against the neutral grey of the gaming board.


All in all I think it's a really nice set of terrain, it paints up pretty easily and has a lot of detail. I'm really considering getting a set for myself.

(Apologies for not taking any in-game pictures. I was having too much fun and forgot. I think Steve the club owner took a few. If I can get ahold of some more I'll edit this post and add them below.)




That's your lot for the night methinks...

Take care everybody,
Jonah

7 comments:

  1. I've heard if you give them a base coat of watered down PVA (white glue) first then prime they should not absorb the paint so much.

    The set looks great - very fitting base for the denizens of the underhive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give that a go if I do get myself a set. should strengthen it a little too. (although they are pretty strong as is)
      Thanks for that :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks impressive, who produce that scenery? I'm looking at that with a mix of simpathy and envy... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... It was really hard to let it go after putting the work into it... But, at least I get to play on it down at the club.

      There are a few sellers on Ebay that sell laser-cut terrain. The seller who provided this particular set to the club happens to be local to us:
      War Games Tournaments

      I'm so tempted to buy the larger set of Necromunda terrain... When I can afford it anyway :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I definitely must have a look at that, looks gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. Your set up looks amazing - the rust effect on the terrain is really compelling... very thematic.
    I also like Frothing Muppet's comment about coating the stuff in a light layer of PVA to seal the surface and prepare it for painting... that's a pretty good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the very tardy response. But thank you for your comment.

      I wish this terrain was mine... It pained me to give it back to the owner after completing the work on it. But I am planning on getting a set for myself some time in the future.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment or critique, check the notify box and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.