Necromunda Van Saar Gang pic dump




No excuses, it's been far too long since my last post...

I apologise... Life happened.

This post is pretty much going to be a big pic-dump of the images I promised to show in my last post.

At the time I worked on this gang I had been rather ill, I was delirious for about a week at some point during that time and my recollection is a little foggy.

I didn't manage to get my photography set-up sorted out and had to make do snapping a load of shots minutes before the miniatures were picked up. Here are some pictures I deemed good enough to post after going through a lot of really bad ones... Seriously, I took about 150 pics and these were the best I could salvage, the quality is not that brilliant (sorry...).





When I was originally approached to paint the figures I was asked to paint them the same as the ones in the Necromunda book. But to be honest with you, I frickin' hate that lime-green colour scheme. I wanted to paint them to suit their underhive environment, something dark and industrial, not quite camouflage, but near enough.

pic name

pic name
I went for a dark grey for the majority of their body-suits with a grimy industrial yellow for the secondary colour. On a whim I painted the weapons a military drab green because I thought it would tie in with the Van Saar background as mass producers of weaponry for the Imperial armies, I was quite pleased with the look. other details were painted in a leathery brown or gunmetal.

pic name

pic name
The bases have quite a bit going on. Lots of debris/detritus with more chances to paint some more of the yellow accent colour and some orangey rusted parts. I didn't want to have the figure just blend into their bases and thought the additional colour would help them "pop" a little.


pic name

pic name
What I was essentially given at the start of the commission was two sets of the basic gang and given license to do as I wished regarding conversions etc. So I tried to give a bit more variety in choice when playing the gang. You may notice in the pictures that I converted one heavy to have a flamer instead of the stock heavy-stubber, I used the plastic flamer and tank from the Cadian sprue for this.

pic name

pic name
I converted the duplicate gang-leader model to have a grenade-launcher (from the same Cadian set) so he could be used as a leader with a different weapon choice, or even as an alternative heavy model.

pic name

pic name
I had to get a little creative with all the duplicate ganger miniatures to make them easier to identify if they were used together on the tabletop. I decided to do this with the paint job, every duplicate model has a different hair colouration so that they can be told apart at a glance. This is the same throughout the gang, leaders, heavies, gangers and juves. The juves also had a couple of minor weapon swaps to vary them.

pic name

pic name



The commission also had a little side one tacked on. I had to paint up some Ratling snipers that could be used as hired-guns with the gang. I had fun painting these little guys up, I went for a more military uniform/camo look to these and used a lighter grey for the main colour. They look different yet compliment the colour of the main gang. I was really pleased with the camouflage on the cloaked figure. The figures have some built-in pieces on some of the bases, I painted these to match the main gang bases too. (not much more to say about them, so I'll just dump more images.)



pic name

pic name


pic name

pic name


pic name

pic name


pic name

pic name



Well... That's, that... I finally got around to doing "something" around here...

I have amassed a shocking amount of images over the last decade, I've managed to put a dent into the organising of them, but it's most likely going to be a side job among the many other things I've got to do.

I'll not estimate when I'll next post... My last one was way off.

But it's nice to be back.

Take care,

Jonah

Comments

  1. Very nice work dude, I totally agree that a more worn and darker look suits the models and the game a lot better than anything too bright, nothing like a lime green bodysuit to blend into the underhive...cough...

    The ratlings look beautiful too, always loved the models and you've done a great job on them, awesome work all round :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.

      I enjoyed painting them so much that I really want to get myself some of the ratling models for my own collection.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Instagram Slideshow

Popular Posts