Hobby Tip - Modifying a Hobby Mitre Block

I bought myself a hobby scale mitre block to help with making straight and angled cuts on the styrene rod I've started to use a lot more in my hobby work.

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

But as you can see, my hobby razor saws don't actually fit the depth... Bugger...

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

Luckily the mitre block is made aluminium and pretty easy to cut with the hobby saw itself, I just followed the edge of the top lip on the block.

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

A few minutes and I'd removed all the lip around very cleanly.

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

Now the block is the perfect height to use with the hobby saws I own.

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

Making clean angled and straight cuts possible.

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

hobby modify mitre block tool tips

If you can't find tools that work, find a way to make your own or make them work :D

Take care.

Comments

Instagram Slideshow

Popular Posts