Final post of 2018 - First post of 2019 - hobby and resolution round-up

So here it is, the end of another year...


I spent my New Years Eve playing board games with the missus and my youngest kids. Now that the evening is winding down I decided to have a couple of drinks and throw some words up onto the blog.

I thought I'd leave it with a bit of a hobby round-up but... Well to be perfectly honest this year has been a little weak for me on the hobby front as far as completed projects go.

But I can do a little round-up of how my hobby resolutions turned out:



Erm... This one was a bit of a fail I think... I finished a couple of small projects... and then went on a mad building spree for most of the hobby time I actually had during the year.


I did manage to get the blog all cleaned up and updated. All the broken images fixed and redundant posts deleted. But I haven't got myself back into the habit of regularly updating. So I'm calling this one about 50% done.


This one hasn't raelly come to pass so... Fail.


The start of the year was good. a lot more regular gaming than I had been getting before, but it kind of trickled off toward the back end of the year... 50% ?


Big fail on this one. I tried to get my maggotkin sorted for this, but with a big bite in the ass from old man depression really ruined my hobby mojo at the time... Fail.


This I think I have managed. I have been a bit more active on blogs, forums and facebook. So we'll call this a success! yay...


You know what... I'm gonna be generous and say I was about 50% overall.. meh. I didn't get a lot finished, but damn I built a lot to be working on. You can see from my earlier post in the year what I managed to get built around May :my hobby progress of 2018
I've built more since then and just haven't gotten around to documenting it... Oh dear... you should see the sea of built but unpainted grey surrounding my work-space.

With all the sickness that kept going around the family and being super busy this time of year I didn't have the drive to put any time into the blog, my apologies for that.

But since I'm still wide awake and sat here now I'm going to put some effort into finishing off some of the half written draft posts I've got floating around in the back-end of the blog and work into the wee-hours.

Maybe there'll be some more posts hot on the tail of his one tonight! Or maybe I'll get far too drunk and you'll see them pop up over the next day or so.

Either way... Happy New Year and Many Happy Returns to all my followers. Thanks for sticking around while I've been away from the wheel.

Take care ;)

Comments

  1. 50% done is 50% more than was done before ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, I'm trying to keep a more positive head-space these days. To give Old Man Depression less ways of getting his hooks in.

      I may not have completely finished many things. But I have a heck of a lot built that I can work on at leisure now.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, as a fellow black dog, I find that looking at the total work rather than purely finished is much more helpful.

      Bang on about being able to work at leisure - I just knocked out 40 Hadendoa that I'd prepped and undercoated middle of last year. Just being able to pick up the brush and work makes it so much easier! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Instagram Slideshow

Popular Posts