Monday, 25 June 2018

Maggotkin of Nurgle: 2nd Plaguebearer unit complete

Just a quick post this time. Hot on the heels of the last post I have finished my 2nd unit of Plaguebearers for my Maggotkin of Nurgle army.

There's two champions. One is for the previous unit because I had a bit of  mix up... Doh!


I just thought I'd leave a run down of what I have left to do to complete this force:

  • 1 Poxbringer Herald: Banner, a few details to paint, basing.
  • 20 Plaguebearers: Several details to paint, blood/pus, rust/oxidisation, basing.
  • 9 Nurgling Swarms: Highlights, a few minor details, basing.
  • 6 Plague Drones: Wings to paint, few minor detail washes, rust/oxidisation, basing.

So they're all very near completion now. I'll keep pecking away at them but take breaks to work on other things to keep myself interested/motivated.

I think I want to get back to texturing my Necromunda terrain so I can then see how the sealing went when it comes to priming.

I'm also kind of chomping at the bit to get on with my Assassinorum set... We'll see what I end up doing soon.

Until next time, take care.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way they look. Menacing, rotten, daunting. Outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I think they are an experiment that turned out really well.

      I tried to keep the overall colours muted and dark and play with contrasts in colour and texture/finish. The orange of the bases and rust to the grey/green skin. Then the matte finish of the bases, to the slightly more satin of the skin and the glossy areas of detail.

      It could have all ended up a big mess but overall 'm pleased with how it's been turning out :)

      Delete
  2. The bases looks simple but very impresiv in the same way! How have you done them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bases themselves were built up with pieces of cork sheet for the different levels and then different textures added using textured paint to blend it together, pva glue covered in superglue to make some random textured places and the round spores are balls from a water filter.

      The colouring was don after the figures were finished. Because they were already mottled and painted a light grey-green after the overspray of the figure. I added mainly orange and some random patches of sepia and yellow ink/shades over them and let it dry. Then finished with some rust/brown/orange weathering powders dusted over to give the dry added look.

      I think I then used the reikland gloss shade over the pustules/spores to with just a bit of nurgles rot stippled on.

      Delete

Comments and critiques are always welcome.