Darren Latham is removing all his YouTube videos!

Well... That's a bit of a bugger isn't it?

Just saw this comment shared from Mr Latham's Instagram in a hobby group I'm a part of:


If you haven't had the chance to watch his videos yet I highly suggest you do before they're gone.

I've been moving/organising my new hobby space and was really looking forward to getting back to this series...

I was really enjoying the format of my recent blog posts too... Finishing off each part and sharing my thoughts on following the process and sharing a link to the video for others to go check out and maybe take part too.

There is one more part for me to catch up to at time of writing this. And Darren has said he will be uploading the next 4 parts all at once to finish off the series and give people a little time to finish it off.

Of course nothing has really been said about why, but the rumour-mill is hedging their bets on his employers possibly having a quiet word about him taking traffic away from their own painting videos or bringing it back in-house for Warhammer TV maybe... I don't really have an opinion on it really, they could both be likely scenarios.

I'll have to go back and edit the last few posts when the video links die. And when I get to the last few parts I'm going to be probably rambling on about a tutorial series I can't even show/refer to with a link... Maybe link to his finished images on Instagram... That might be the way to proceed?

Put a bit of a downer on it really.

That's all I wanted to say, just notifying anyone that hasn't caught his channel yet to get to it.
I'll be back to painting again shortly.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Should I carry on posting my thoughts on the series even though it's due to be deleted?

I will be back to painting again shortly whatever the case may be, until then...
Take care

Comments

  1. Continue with the series, finish it and go with the links to the images with the photos. Its the carrying out and completion of the project thats the important thing, rather than worrying about the archive status of it.

    God knows why he's taking them all down - were they using GW branding on an unofficial channel? That could be it, as its not much different from the dozens of other painting channels doing much the same thing, otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue the project/series, I was really enjoying it anyway.

      Regarding why the take-down... Well after thinking about it overnight, I think GW employees might be contractually obliged to only talk about and use GW products even in personal accounts. When Duncan Rhodes left Warhammer TV he suddenly flooded his feeds with a lot of historical and alternate companies' fantasy miniatures, he said he "could finally talk about them" or something to that end.

      And Darren does talk about Winsor & Newton brushes in several of his painting videos... Can't be good for company image if one of your best 'Eavy Metal painters doesn't use your products (brushes) to paint with. That's my thought on it now anyway after ruminating a while.

      Delete
  2. His vids your project SO keep sharing your thoughts, that's what got me into his vids for the 1st time TBH.

    I may or may not be able to watch them all in time but your posts will be some kind of legacy to that masterclass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am carrying it on, will just replace the video links with a screenshot of the video thumbnail for reference.
      Glad you got over there to check out some of the videos before they go down.
      Darren has given his blessing somewhere for people to download the videos for future reference. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody uploads them elsewhere, I don't really agree in the morality of that, posting up someone else' work. but downloading for personal reference seems okay.

      Delete
  3. Please keep sharing your progress and thoughts on the videos, even if they go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've almost finished part 6 now, so I'll be writing up the next post shortly after.
      He's put up all the videos now, so 4 more for me to catch up on until the figure is complete!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Instagram Slideshow

Popular Posts